Sonntag, 30. September 2012

A visitor in my livingroom

Sometimes, I find it very enlightening to play a little game with myself. I call it: “Being on a visit with myself”. Because if I am too busy with my everyday hassle, my work and tons of requests from other people, then I very often come to a point where I feel being far, so far away from myself. I remember this kind, dark-haired lady I meet in the mirror of my bathroom every morning only very nebulous, similar to a distant acquaintance I didn’t see for a long time.
And then I know it is time to have a closer look at this distant lady. I have to check if she’s well and I am going to visit her.


Today I visited her living room. – Oh well, … what for heaven’s sake is she doing with that big, huge, brown paperboard container in the middle of the living room? - Ah … this is her son’s birthday present. New bicycle tires.
And what does she plan with that long rolled carpet beside the huge box?
I see, … she wants to put it on the floor of her new basement studio but before to do so, she has to clean the floor. Next there is a very pretty illustrated calendar on her shelf in the living room showing a beautiful, breathtaking view of the Alps but the date shows still the 17 September.
Well sometimes it would be nice if time could stop for a few days.



 
And what’s that? A bottle with blue anti-freeze in it? Who put it on the middle of the table? – Well I see, the lady is apparently expecting the first frost very soon and she has to prepare her car.
But look here! Look at this cute little hedgehog beside the flower vase close to the pumpkin on the lady’s living room table.
Is it perhaps another visitor who would like to know how I feel today
?

 
Many thanks to this weeks Sunday Sketches for a new great opportunity and a good start tomorrow into the coming week to all of you!

~*~

Kommentare:

  1. This is so adorable. I love it, and I really like your idea of visiting yourself from time to time.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Too cute! Love this adorable little one and the bright pops of color!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Beautiful. Especially love the sunflowers in the blue vase.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. OMG Stephanie! Your sketch is BEYOND adorable!! :) Wow! Well done. Love the little guy. Hee :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. this is really a nice painting. i love the composition and how pumpkin and flowers pop out of the frame!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. fun story!!! I may try that sometime :D Love the hedgehog, what an adorable creature!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Wow..what a wonderful artist you are..lovely to meet you..these are absolutely gorgeous and enchanting and super inspiring! magical!
    Victoria

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Ah I love your story telling and photos of the different stages of your sketch. Your line work is FABULOUS and colors SO RICH! I like the way you pushed the borders and the composition.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Anti freeze???? you have to move somewhere warmer!!!! Come over here and play instead...
    the sketch is fabulous and your sketch brings it alive... awesome post...xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Das ist auch so wunderschön und es fällt einem direkt eine Geschichte dazu ein.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. LOVE IT! This little guy is SO sweet! I also like the second one from the bottom, with less colour. Gorgeous! Take care.

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...