Montag, 24. September 2012

Falling Star - Draft No.1

Many, many thanks to the Sunday Sketches this week and the Artist's Play Room (APR) I also found via Tracey Fletcher King as both challenges took me back to the lovely artist’s side of life because otherwise I might have gone lost in my to-do’s and all these friendly kind of reminders wanting me to become a superduper perfect housewife and an intelligent and super effective PA to my boss in my payed job.

Fortunately I remembered that there are not only to-do lists, shopping lists, lists of deficiencies and a busy outlook calendar with thousand’s of automatic reminders in my life but also the most important list which should definitely be my wish-list.
I found that list on Saturday when I did my housekeeping work and together with this list I found an old newspaper article dated in August announcing a lot of falling stars in the sky for the forthcoming night. (In Germany we say you have a wish for free for each falling star – I assume it’s similar in the USA and Australia?)
Well, I also remember that I was properly prepared for that special night in August sitting on the couch with my most important list and waiting for the stroke of the clock at three in the night when the falling stars were expected to appear and I would hopefully have a lot of wishes for free.

I am sure you can imagine what happened … I fell asleep on the couch and missed this rare opportunity of having a hundred (or so) wishes for free …
So you’ll find attached only a picture of one of my favourite dreams.
~*~


... Oh no!!! ... it can't be true ... I am too late for the Sunday Sketches ... Linky Widget expiration was: 6.5 hours ago. 

~*~

Kommentare:

  1. oh, stefanie, this is great! i love all the little details in your drawing!!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Many, many thanks that you took some time to have a look at it and have sent me such a lovely comment! I know that you are so busy with the 29 faces and send my best wishes back to you.

      Löschen
  2. I love your whimsical story and your beautiful illustration. Blessings!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Many thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Löschen
  3. I would fall asleep on the couch as well... glad I am not alone in that... thanks for the shout out, and your comment on my last blog post absolutely made my morning... I woke up feeling a tad grumpy .... we are a few days into these holidays now... but the grumps have gone and I can handle anything Phantom and Sinus throw at me now... so thank you sooo much...
    this illustration is pretty fabulous... I love your style...
    T xx
    P.S I was going to email you a thanks but don't have your email... or maybe the freakin computer has filed it somewhere... that is a distinct possibility...xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. What a wonderful picture with so much detail to look at.
    Such a shame you missed the celestial spectacle. I too missed it, but only because it was SO cloudy, grr, haha :0)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. so nice to have you join my Artist's Play Room! Your art is lovely and I look forward to have you participate with us. Oh, did you know you're a "No-reply" blogger? If you go here (http://www.justaddwatersilly.com/2012/08/blogging-101-part-seven_6.html), it'll tell you all about the problem. It might explain why it seems no one responds to any of your comments. :o)
    Best,
    Jenn of JustAddWaterSilly.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I love your sketch of the falling star. It´s a pity you fell asleep so that you missed it. Maybe next time! See you.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Love your sketch - all those Barvarian rooftops are too cute!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. you just keep wishing and wandering and PAINTING!! goodness these are wonderful!!!

    enJOY!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. I am so glad you took time from your busy life to do your wonderful drawing/painting to share with us! I got to see the Hale-Bopp Comet in the late 1997. I looked at it with my binoculars and could actually see it quite well. Great work you did!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. beautiful work and i enjoyed your story with it :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. What a wonderful whimsical post and beautifully illustrated Stefanie,
    Let's hope they'll be more opportunities for more free wishes soon ;D

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Love this sketch and story' i hardly ever make it to any late night star gazing!

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...