Samstag, 16. März 2013

Outside of my comfortzone


This week, three things made me create this collage which went far outside my comfortzone when I was in the middle of the creation process, because it became such a tricky thing with cutting an glueing and so on. I even considered to put it in the bin ... well, as you can see, I didn't do it.
One point for the idea of this tricky collage was Jen's APR theme this week related to women and the international women's day on 8th of March.


The second point was the fact that I found a lot of photographs of our holidays we spent in Madrid in 2011, on my PC when I sorted my files last week. And so I remembered that it was a courageous Spanish woman wearing a red pullover who helped me to catch a thief who steeled my handbag in the starbucks in Madrid. She had watched him steeling my bag from my chair and so she informed me immediately while he ran away and tried to hide in the bathroom of starbucks. The courageous Spanish woman together with the starbucks waitress and me we ran like a SWAT team to the bathroom as well and catched that shameless thief and so I fortunately got my handbag back and will never forget this courageous Spanish woman wearing a red pullover rescueing my handbag in a Madrid-starbucks-bathroom.


The third point is a picture of a beautiful female dancer hanging on the wall of the dance studio I visit every Wednesday for my jazz dance training. Each time when I'm sweating and gasping for breath because of all these challenging exercises I look at this picture dreaming to dance as this lady on the picture is dancing ... without sweating of course ... and light as a feather ...
 



I will link this picture to Alexandra's Sunday Sketches as well!

A lovely weekend to all of you!


Stefanie
~*~


Kommentare:

  1. I love this! So glad it didn't end up in the bin!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Well done for finishing this great collage. Yet again I greatly admire your bright colours and the spanish feel of the buildings.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I'm glad you didn't throw it out, it turned out so well!! At first I thought it was a street in the cityscape you posted earlier. It was kind of fun to think we were going further into the imaginary city. I'm glad you got your purse back, yay for gutsy women everywhere!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. A lovely bright, colourful collage. I can almost feel the sun and hear the music. It was well worth carrying on and finishing it to produce this great image.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. love the collage and the stories about it... I have visions of you running through Madrid like a SWAT team then pausing to do an effortless flamenco... great thought this Sunday Morning...xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Lovely scenes you conjure up. I can hear the guitar and the dancers steps. Brilliant.
    XX

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. It's quite lovely! I think you did a very good job, I am glad you didn't put it in the trash! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Glad you didn't put it in the bin, it's charming...love it. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. They are wonderful creations and actually look like paintings ~ Enjoy ^_^

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Wonderful collage, clever use of different pieces! <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Lucky you did´t throw it away, because I LOVE it!

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Stephanie, I think you did a great job for stepping outside of your comfort zone. It's brilliant, bright and fun. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. This is a GORGEOUS piece, Stefanie. I love the various textures on the buildings, the peaceful blue sky, and the lines of the flamenco performers. Blessings!

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. What a wonderful piece, I really like this!

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. I really like this piece and actually wouldn't have realised it was a collage if you hadn't said. How good of that Spanish woman to tell you about the thief and help you catch him!

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Wowness..Beautiful!!..this is totally amazing and spellbinding..I am in love with the energy and spirit you have captured( and the wonderful story-telling)..I am drawn to the colors..the poetic-expression and movement!So wonderful for you to travel and explore out of your comfort zone..shine on..fantastic! I really enjoyed this post..and love your art!
    Happy Sunday Sketches
    Victoria

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. Beautiful artwork, thank you so much for visiting my blog :) Have a great week!

    Eva

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...